Precious Jones-Walker was born in Brooklyn, New York and educated in the New York City Public School system. Upon graduation from Fashion Industries High School, she matriculated to the Fashion Institute of Technology where she received a degree in Fashion Buying and Merchandising and Fashion Marketing. She has worked in the field of Fashion, Human Services, Fundraising and Education. She was very active as a PTA President and SLT member and sat on various committees for the Department of Education. In 2003 she became the first Parent Coordinator for Public School 8 in Brooklyn Heights. She worked endlessly with the school Administration, parents and community to help improve the image and enrollment of the school. In 2007 she was appointed District Family Advocate for District 13 a district where she also attended elementary and middle school. Precious is a proud wife and mother of 4.
Town Hall with the ChancellorMay 3rd, 2016
Upcoming Events and Meetings
- Midwinter Recess (Schools Closed) February 19, 2018 – February 23, 2018 Includes Washington's Birthday and Lincoln's Birthday, observed). Schools closed.
- CEC13 Calendar Meeting February 27, 2018 at 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm Park Slope School, 180 6th Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11217, USA
- CEC13 Calendar/Working Meeting March 20, 2018 at 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm P.S. 093 William H. Prescott, 31 New York Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11216, USA
- Spring Recess March 30, 2018 – April 6, 2018 Spring Recess (including Good Friday and Passover). Schools closed.
- CEC13 Calendar/Working Meeting April 24, 2018 at 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm The Dock Street School, 19 Dock St, Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA
- CEC13 Nov. Calendar Meeting – Tues., Nov 11/15/16 at 6:30pm November 10, 2016
- CEC13 CALENDAR MEETING – TUES., OCT. 18th AT PS 11 October 16, 2016
- CEC13 Working Session Meeting, (Wed) October 5, 2016 October 2, 2016