The mission of the Community Council of District 13 is to support District 13 families, children and the schools they attend. Our goal is to work together as an elected body to:
- Promote parent and community involvement in our schools.
- Strengthen our working relationships with school administration, staff and School Leadership Teams in order ensure schools have the resources they need to succeed.
- Develop strong working relationships with our elected officials and community organizations.
- Increase communication within our District about the successes and challenges facing our schools, and about its on-going activities.
- Ensure that the voices of all the stakeholders in District 13 are well-represented with regard to the policies and practices of the NYC Department of Education.
- We will work together to build unity throughout our diverse District 13 communities as we advocate for the success of all of our schools and the future of our beloved children.
Respectfully submitted for comment by all by David Goldsmith 8/02/12; revised 8/6/12 with help from Amy Shire