Town Hall with the ChancellorMay 3rd, 2016
Upcoming Events and Meetings
- Memorial Day School Closed May 29, 2017 Central offices will be closed.
- D13 Frank Heyward District Family June 3, 2017 at 10:00 am – 2:00 pm P.S. 9 Teunis G Bergen, 80 Underhill Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11238, USA
- NYS Science Exams (Grades 4 & 8) June 5, 2017
- CEC13 Working Session June 6, 2017 at 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- Anniversary Day School Closed June 8, 2017 Students in all five boroughs will not be in attendance. Chancellorâs Conference Day for staff development. School staff report to work if required by their collective bargaining agreement. Central offices are open.
- CEC13 Nov. Calendar Meeting – Tues., Nov 11/15/16 at 6:30pm November 10, 2016
- CEC13 CALENDAR MEETING – TUES., OCT. 18th AT PS 11 October 16, 2016
- CEC13 Working Session Meeting, (Wed) October 5, 2016 October 2, 2016
Category Archives: CEC13 Web StrategyImage
The Khan Foundation of NYC is offering a FREE opportunity for top performing low-income high school upperclassmen that would be a good fit for their FREE College Access Program.
Khan Foundation (KF) is looking for High School Upperclassmen who are dynamic, highly-motivated and have the willingness to attend FREE weekly Saturday Morning Workshops in our 2015-2016 College Access Program (CAP).
Khan Foundation NYC is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that strives to improve the lives of low-income and undocumented high school students in New York City with college and career readiness programs.
KF is relaunching their ANNUAL FREE COLLEGE ACCESS PROGRAM (CAP) this Fall, beginning (August 1, 2015). CAP will work to help students over the course of 6 months to effectively find, apply to, and attend colleges that are best suited to them as well as assist them with financial aid and scholarships.
CAP will select rising 11th and 12th grade students from Queens, Brooklyn and the Bronx. Accepted students will receive targeted guidance and mentorship through Weekend Workshops where instructors will provide college admissions preparation as well as application & scholarship assistance throughout the entire process.
The College Access Program includes:
- Free 12 week SAT Course
- College Research & Test Planning
- Campus Visits
- Live Meetings with College Admissions Counselors Strategies for Writing Strong Personal Essays One-on-One Guidance Appointments Financial Aid/Scholarship Sessions And much more!
To highlight the success of our program, KF is proud to announce that all of their 12th grade students have received college admissions to the following institutions:
- New York University
- Cornell University
- UNC Chapel Hill
- Boston University
- Syracuse University
- Penn State
- Hofstra University
- Seton Hall University
- Stony Brook University
- St. John’s University
- SUNY Buffalo
- SUNY Albany
- Baruch College
- Hunter College
- Brooklyn College
- (Just to name a few!)
We ask that you please pass this information on to your students, families, counselors, teachers and youth organizations to help us spread the word! Applications are still available at our website: http://www.khanfoundationnyc.org/ Interested candidates are asked to apply early, as seats are limited.
Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams wants the New York State Legislature to allow parents of kids enrolled in the citywide pre-K program to sit on local Community Education Councils.
Currently, parents of prekindergartners are banned from participating. Only those with at least one child enrolled in a city schools between kindergarten and 12th grade can sit on the councils.
“This is a bill that just makes good sense. This is the ABCs of improving our schools, of allowing our parents to participate at the Pre-K level and ensure early involvement is there,” Adams said.
From today’s Daily News: 4/15/2015: http://m.nydailynews.com/new-york/education/brooklyn-beep-pre-k-parents-education-councils-article-1.2185788