There are important potential changes being proposed for our District 13 middle school options, and we NEED your input!
First, the Department of Eduction (“DOE”) has proposed to re-site and “re-design” MS 313, a small middle school currently co-located in the PS 307 building, to a new school facility at 60 Water Street, also known as the “Dock Street” building, in DUMBO. You can review the DOE’s proposal here. Please submit your comments on the proposal via the CEC website: http://cec13.org/hot-topics/dock-street-building/. Even better, please attend the DOE’s hearings where the public (i.e., you!) can comment on the proposal:
- November 2, 2015 at 6:00 p.m. Joint Public Hearing on the proposal. Location: PS 307, 209 York Street, Vinegar Hill. Speaker sign-up will begin 30 minutes before the hearing and will close 15 minutes after the start.
- November 9, 2015. Location: PS 3, 50 Jefferson Avenue, Brooklyn, NY
- November 12, 2015. Location: PS 133, 610 Baltic Street, Brooklyn, NY
- November 16, 2015. Location: MS 313, 209 York Street, Brooklyn, NY
- November 30, 2015. Location: PS 11, 419 Waverly Avenue, Brooklyn, NY
The best way to let the DOE hear your concerns and ideas about middle school is to attend a hearing or forum. But if you are unable to attend one of these meetings, you can submit comments via the CEC website: http://cec13.org/hot-topics/dock-street-building/